Teignmouth Digital Photography Course – Get more out of your Camera
OUTLINE: NOT NECESSARILY IN THIS ORDER. IT DEPENDS ON WHAT PEOPLE WANT!
Practical sessions with feedback, discussion, questions and sharing ideas
Cameras: comparison of compact, bridge & SLR. Basic camera functions:
- Focal length (35mm equivalent) zoom lenses
- Auto Shutter priority
- Aperture Priority Memory Cards
- Camera accessories
- lens hood
- Holding a camera – portrait, landscape, safe shutter speeds for hand holding
2. Camera Controls
- Full menus (how useful are they?)
- Practical: RAW light stops lenses flash
3. Editing in Camera
- Correction (exposure, contrast, horizon)
4. TYPES OF PHOTOGRAPHY
- Popular subjects: street, documentary, family, nature, people, sport, still life etc
5. Post Camera (Two weeks)
- How can I improve my photo once I’ve taken it?
Simple editing: using photos taken during the course, appreciation of each others work.
Basic software available:
- Image Folio
- Photo plus etc
Exposure, cropping, levels of rotating, colour balance, shadow/highlight , mono/sepia, saturation, sharpness etc
Bring with you:
Camera, batteries (and spare?), memory card (for camera), camera handbook, notebook pen etc.
© Ken Holland ARPS DPAGB 2018